Wednesday, October 1, 2014

I am an artist... . ! ? ...

"In the Garden" from After the Storm visual    ©LisaCheney
At what point is the title "artist" no longer followed by a question mark?

I don't have a day marked on my calendar reminding me that I am an artist. I don't know if I was born this way or if I grew over time to resemble the definition. I don't recall having an epiphany one glorious day. I just know that I can't NOT express what I see and feel in a visual way. There is an ache in my chest and stomach that wont go away until I am immersed in the process of creating. I get cranky,  blame others and my busy schedule when I can't sit with my art supplies. In reality, it is me. Only me. There is no one else to blame. Only me. My Ego sabotages my creativity, my muse. Yet She is always there, waiting for me to show up. She is deep within. Waiting. Watching.

Sometimes I wonder if Artist still applies to me when days, weeks, months pass with no art being created? The answer is always, Yes. For when the gates are finally allowed to open, she emerges and can not be quieted. She is happy and full of information. She knows the truth of the remarkable title of "artist" and embraces it fully.


6 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

cool work! NICE way with words!

revelatorART: Lisa Marten said...

Well said Lisa!

Lace Marie said...

So helpful.

Shelley Whiting's art said...

This is a very intense painting. It is very rich in imagery and is deeply emotional.

Unknown said...

Hello,

We are a young designers couple from Turkey living in India.

We own a workshop where we sketch, design and create all our journals, photo albums and leather bags with lots of love, care, effort and eagerness.

When we ship out any of our books, we can't avoid to fantasize about where in the World they will end up, what their owners will write down on them, which kind of desires, thoughts, adventures, curiosities, and any other form of art our journals will witness and will be part of.

We have just fallen in love with your work as well as your drawings...they are truly inspirational!

We would like you to take a look to our page, so you can check out our handcrafts and work.

All the best.

http://terranegrastudio.artfire.com
https://www.facebook.com/terranegrastudio

emarks said...

Hi,

The clients can showcase their products and services by using such lists to reach out the Target Businesses or Consumers.

Business & Consumer Database



A premier database organization providing all types of Business & Consumer Database to reach out your target audience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...